Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mali Preparations

As the Mali trip draws nearer (about 7 weeks away), I'm beginning to think through all the things I need to get done. Sure, I have my passport, visa, shots, etc., but now it's time to get serious. I have to purchase a luggage set as we don't have anything but a carry-on. Then there's the usual toiletries that I need to get (soap, toothpaste, etc.). I also have to find a mosquito net for my bed over there. I guess the mosquitos are rather large, loud, and carry malaria. I need to get a few "medication" type things for healthy bacteria and something to help with jet lag. I also need to get in to the doctor to get an anti-malarial medication and an antibiotic (just in case of bad diarrhea).
I'm still not worrying much about all this because God has had it all in control since I felt the draw to go on this trip. The monies have flowed in for every expense I've had. Big thanks to all my friends and family that felt God's call to give toward my expenses and listened. I'm very excited about the trip and can't wait to go and see what God has in store for me and my team in Mali.

No comments: