Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Story

Thank you all for taking the time to read my story!

Growing up, I looked for acceptance from everyone around me. I needed others to tell me I did well at tasks or that they approved of my actions. I was looking for happiness through the way other people felt about me and my actions.
One day, during a day of games and fun with younger children, I realized that I needed something more than the acceptance and approval of those around me. I needed acceptance from only one person, Jesus. After all, Jesus died for me. I bowed my head in bed that evening, asking him to walk with me and change my life. I asked him to forgive me for looking for things that he could give me in all the wrong places.
In the many years following that day, I came to learn about my purpose in life. I have found that I like helping out wherever I can. I don’t need anyone to tell me good job anymore. I feel a deep sense of approval from God every day that I walk with him. That sense is more than enough to make my life feel full.

No comments: