Sunday, October 12, 2008

Baptism


image015
Originally uploaded by matt101279

I was baptized today as a public proclamation of my faith in Christ and all that he is doing in my life. This was a very exciting time for me because of all the things God has done in my life over the last couple years and especially in the preparations for this trip to Mali.
Ever since we started going to Shawnee Alliance Church, Pastor Doug has been ministering to us in one way or another, so it was very fitting to ask him to perform my baptism. Jesus told us to go out baptizing in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
It was also fitting to do this today since today is also my birthday, so I was celebrating my physical birth and my spiritual re-birth.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It was such a blessing to see you being baptized today. What an amazing example for our son. He was very proud of his daddy today.

I hope that we helped you to have a good birthday today too. I love you.

Gary K said...

Matt, I thank God for your continuing growth and in the knowledge and wisdom of the Lord. Your life sets the example for your Zac to follow.