Thursday, October 9, 2008

Less than 9 days...

Well, there's less than 9 days until we fly out for Mali. I'm super excited about this trip and seeing what God will do through our team while we're there.
Of course, right now, the main thing on my mind is getting healthy. I came down with a sore throat yesterday, and now it's in my sinuses. I really can't afford to be sick right now with all the packing and paper work I need to get done before I leave. All I feel like doing right now is crawling in bed and sleeping for a couple days. I know God will get me through this illness...just like every other illness I've ever had. I just pray that it'll be sooner than later so I can get ready for the trip.
Anyway, there's my thoughts for today. Hope you are all having a great day and enjoying my ramblings.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

hey matt! i'm praying for you. i read this interesting thing once. it said that some illnesses are spiritual in nature and we should curse the germs. might help. it was in a book called "i give you authority."

bethany

Bev Schmunk said...

It is amazing to me that my son born on Oct 12, 1979 is now a grown husband and father. You have grown into a responsible man that many people look to for inspiration. Dad & I pray every day that your trip will be everything you have looked forward to and that you will bless many people with your service to God and the people of Mali. Love you, Mom

mattschmunk said...

Hmmm...I was thinking this could very well be a spiritual thing...I know that at least one other team member was sick this week. I'm going to look for some scripture about illness/sickness and try binding the spirits causing illness in our team and loosing health/healing to all experiencing illness at this time. I think that's what I learned in prayer mapping.