Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thoughts on this Thursday

Good evening to all my readers. I hope that you have all had a very blessed day!

To start with, I'd like to share a prayer request for a friend of mine who I work with and go to church with. Shane Fisher's young son was hit by an SUV on his walk to school this morning. He has a lot of broken bones, collapsed lung, and his liver was bleeding. They put him in an induced coma at St. Vincents this morning and were able to stop the bleeding of his kidney with some medical procedure. I guess that is a majorly good thing, but they are saying that is the main thing they are concerned about over the next 24 hours. So, I would ask that you would keep Shane and his son, Ryan in your prayers as the medical staff try their best to make him better. In the end, I know that God is the ultimate healer and can heal Ryan's body.

So, on to my trip. We picked up stuff last night at church that the missionaries requested and were to pack in our bags for them. I got everything in my bags tonight and would you believe it...We're allowed to have a carry-on bag 22 pounds, and two checked bags 50 pounds a piece. When I weighed my bags, they come to 22 pounds, 50 pounds, and 50 pounds. WOW. Anyway, guess I better not add much more to my bags. Other than that, I think I'm ready. I have tomorrow off of work to make final preparations and to rest. Then we leave Wapak at 8am Saturday.

Until later, I hope you all have a restful and blessed weekend!

1 comment:

Denise said...

It's 7:30 am Sat. Ted and I are up ready to pray your prayer map for all of you and especially for safe travel today, divine appointments on the plane and airports, and rest for the journey ahead. Just talked to Terry on facebook and she is like a child Christmas morning! SO excited for your arrival. God bless you richly. Looking forward to hearing from you on your blog. Denise and Ted Darbyshire