Sunday, November 23, 2008

November 23, 2008

Good evening to all! Blessings in Jesus name!

This week, my devotions in "Men of Integrity" focused on missions where we are. It also discussed serving our community, country, and world for Christ. I found when I got back from Mali that I really wanted to go back. I've started to consider taking French classes, studying Bambara language, and even going back to school to study missions. As I read through this weeks devotions, it reminded me that I need to continue serving the Lord where I am. That might be Lima, Ohio or it might be somewhere else in the United States, or someday, it might be Mali or some other country. But, God has called us all to serve our "Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and the entire world." I've heard this related to our city, country, and world. So, I think maybe this was my call to slow down a little bit and listen for God to give me His plan for my future. See, when I say "Lord, mold me, as clay, into what you would have me to be", I have to actually slow down and experience the molding process. If you've ever watched someone make a piece of pottery on the pottery wheel, it's a long and skilled process. I believe this is what God wants for all of us. He wants to take the time to slowly mold us into what He wants us to be, teaching us along the way.
So, that's my thoughts for this week. It's been a great week and I've actually been able to spend time in God's word every day this past week. This is the first week since I've been back from Mali that I've slowed down enough to stick to my daily devotions. See, in America, or at least where I work, we don't have morning devotions on the front step of our business. We did every morning in Mali. We also have a lot more distractions we use as excuses for not taking time to spend in God's word.
This is Thanksgiving week, so I wanted to share a little of what I'm thankful for. I'm thankful for:
  • Sarah and Zac and all my family.
  • My job. In today's economy, I'm thankful that God has provided me with a job that allows me to support my family.
  • The opportunity to go to Mali last month.
  • Jesus' death on the cross, wiping my sins away.

My prayers this week aren't real specific. Honestly, I just want to pray for all of the Missionaries and Christians in Mali. Many are going out and sharing God's love in Koutiala and many surrounding villages. Churches are growing and some new churches are being planted. So, my prayer is that God will continue to work in Mali, and that Malians will be open to what God has to say to them. Also, I continue to pray for more Malian workers at the hospital. I know God has a plan on how He's going to fill the need at the hospital, because He's met my every need and from stories I've heard, He's met every need of the hospital too.

Please feel free to comment or post what you are thankful for today. Wishing you a great Thanksgiving. I pray that God will reveal the things he's given to you this week so that you can give thanks! As our pastor said this morning, everything we have has a label on it that says "Property of God" so I know we all have something to be thankful for!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Deep! I am thankful for a wonderful, understanding, kind, caring, loving, compassionate husband. You!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for my three wonderful children and for Sarah and Luke who are just like my children. I am also thankful for a job that allows me to be home with Chuck when he is home. Chuck is my rock and I am very thankful for him. I am thankful for our church family who hold us up in prayer and share with us their joys and concerns. There so many more things I would like to put down but enough for now. Mom