Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday, February 9, 2009

Good morning everyone! Last night, we had Group Link at church. This is an event that tries to match up people with small groups that meet outside of the church. For years I didn't feel like groups were for me, but I have come to really feed on the weekly fellowship we have with our small group and the prayer support we have every day from each individual in our group.
Anyway, we got talking about missions trips (seems to be a common topic of discussion now that I've been on a trip). It's really cool to hear stories about other's experiences. But, as we were talking, I again realized that my heart will always be with Mali, West Africa.
Yesterday, in church, they showed a video reviewing things that had happened in and through Shawnee Alliance Church in 2008. It was amazing to watch and I couldn't help but see my personal journey with Christ grow by leaps and bounds throughout 2008. Two of the major things that happened last year were my baptism and the trip to Mali. I think God's growing me and preparing me for something much larger than I could ever imagine. I don't know what it is or when it will be, but I'm ready to follow him wherever he takes me!
A couple weeks ago, I logged into Facebook and saw that Ewien and Anco's video camera died. They use this camera to put together videos that teach the Malian women about proper hygeine and other health related problems. They were beginning a new video project at the beginning of February and needed a camera. They had been saving back for a new camera, but still hadn't raised enough. God immediately made it apparent that this was where the remainder of my trip funds from last year should go. I talked with Ewien about it several times and ended up sending the money a couple days later. I got word last week that the camera arrived safely in Mali and that Ewien was excited to start using it. The last I heard, they were still about $1500 short of the total cost, but they're trusting that God is going to provide the rest...and from my fund raising experience last year, He can raise funds like that in no time at all! I was just glad that I was able to be a part of the video projects. And to all those that donated funds for my trip, you have also become a part of this video project.
I guess I'll end for now. I received the following prayer request from a team that's supposed to be heading out for Mali on February 20th. Please keep them all in your prayers that they will get back to health and/or stay healthy leading up to and throughout the trip.

Asking for your prayers for our trip to Mali leaving Feb 20 through Mar
12th. Two of us are in the process of being sick with colds/flu. One is
even considering dropping out, Earl. Please pray health and protection for
each of the nine of us.



Thanks everyone for following my blog. Also thanks for all your prayers that I know you are sending up for God's work in Mali!

No comments: