Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Friday the 13th

Good morning everyone! I haven't posted in a little while, but I just got an update on the video project in Mali. Ewien is allowing me to share her post about the project with all of you! I'm so excited to hear the video project has started up...with the new camera!
It has been awhile since I wrote my old video camera died. Recently, a doctor from the States brought the new video camera, Sony PMW-EX1, as carry on to Mali. What a blessing this is!

The video camera is worth 'her' money (can't be a he if it is that good ;-)!

Yesterday (12 of March) we had our first filming day. Exciting and very challenging at the same time. New group, new video camera, new place(s)...

It is funny to find out while shooting which factors you cannot control. The day was cloudy (while Mali is almost always sunny ;-), windy, the crowd was loud and not willing to keep still (a one time experience for them too, a filming crew)...

Solution? Change places, be flexible and PATIENT, very patient. Not my best quality by the way.

The new video camera apparently was too heavy for the tripod, which I already kind of knew, but did not wanted to know. At the scene, it turned out to be a bigger disadvantage than I thought. What do you do? Yep, be flexible once again.

Working as a (new) team was great though. Nobody complained, everybody was thinking with me and we all waited it out. It took (of course) a lot longer than expected / programmed. But hey, it is all about being flexible ;-)

Today is the second (and hopefully) last day of filming. Everybody of the group said yesterday: tomorrow can only go better! That is where I go for!

I pray for less wind, less clouds, less public and more of the working spirit we had yesterday. And of course: a lot of fun!

If you feel a need to contribute to the video ministry here in Mali, you might want to consider donating equipment (heavier tripod, shoulder strap ?;-) or a gift to pay off the rest of the video camera.

Thanks for standing in this with me, blessings on you!

Ewien van Bergeijk - Kwant

www.maliwood.com

p.s Pictures of the actual shooting will follow...

Along with praying for the video project, I'd also like to ask that you keep Daniel and Amy Hanscome in your prayers. This amazing couple has been doing English classes and helping out with the administrative work at the hospital, along with working with the missionary kids youth group. They will be heading back home to the USA in about 15 days. Pray that their last couple weeks in Mali will an amazing time serving the Lord and receiving His blessing on their lives!

God Bless you all as you go through the coming weekend!!

No comments: