Sunday, June 20, 2010

I'm Going Back!

Today was our first meeting to begin preparations for a 2010 trip to Mali, West Africa! As of right now, I'm part of a team of 4 people going to Mali in November/December, 2010. The plan right now is to leave on November 26, 2010, the day after Thanksgiving. We'll be there for about 2 weeks. We don't know for sure what the team will be doing at this point because the needs of the hospital change all the time. We may be doing painting, construction tasks, and who knows what else. There are also plans for us to do some computer work and potentially spend some time training hospital staff in using the computers and software.

Now begins the process of raising funds for the trip. Trip costs are estimated to be $3000, which is pretty close to what they were when I went in 2008. I'm once again relying on God to provide the funds necessary to go. Sarah and I have committed $1000 of the expenses, leaving me $2000 to raise. I'm getting ready to send out support letters to many of my family and friends. If you'd like to give, let me know and I'll be sure to get you information!

I also am asking for your prayers as we prepare for the trip. First of all, I ask that you would pray for our team. Right now, there are 4 of us planning to go. We could take an additional 2 people if God calls them. Pray for God to speak to all of those He would like to be on this team! In addition to this, one of our current members has concerns about asthma with all of the dust in Mali. Pray that God will provide a way for this person to go and not be concerned about health problems. Also, please pray for the strength of our team as we prepare together and learn more about each other.

I'm excited to begin sharing about things leading up to, during, and returning from the trip! Through all of this, to God be all praise!!!


The Hospital for Women and Children complex in Koutiala, Mali, West Africa.

No comments: